The Commercial Company HIDROCONSTRUCTIA S.A. originates from the former “General Department of the Bicaz HPP” founded in 1950 as the sole construction of the hydropower investment at Bicaz.
In 1961 the head office of the construction unit was moved to Bucharest under the name “The Enterprise for Hydropower Constructions (ICH) which in time became “The Trust for Hydropower Constructions Bucharest” (TCH), then “The General Contractor Trust for Hydropower Constructions Bucharest” (TAGCH).
In 1990 the Government Decision HG 1104 turned it into a commercial company under the name of HIDROCONSTRUCTIA S.A.
The main field of activity S.C. HIDROCONSTRUCTIA S.A. runs is the performance of hydropower and hydrotechnic construction works both above – and underground.
Eversince its foundation and up to day the complexity of the hydropower developments has called for the approach of the whole range of construction works besides the specific hydropower ones, like for instance civil and industrial works, roads and bridges, edilitary works, land reclamation works, running of quarries and ballast pits, repairment of plants, metal structures, reinforced concrete prefabs, etc. under the following quantities:
– 172 dams out of which 144 made of concrete with heights up to 168 m;
– 182 HPP with an installed power of up to 1050 MW/HPP;
– 881,8 km. water headraces, having diameters of up to 7.50 m;
– 189 km. deviation canals and tailraces for the HPP;
– 516,4 million cu.m. of excavations in alluvia;
– 80.8 million cu.m. of excavations in rock;
– 494,84 million cu.m. of ballast fillings;
– 45,89 million cu.m. of rockfill;
– 42,66 million cu.m. of concrete above – and underground;
– 27.4 million sq.m. of drywalls for dikes;
– 5.7 million sq.m. of tightening walls;
– 1753,2 km surface groutings;
– 36,8 km tightening veil grouting:
– 612,4 km filling and consolidation groutings:
– 567 km. motorways, national roads, country roads and other road rehabilitation;
– 126 bridges totaling 7115,8 m in length;
– 906,6 km. pipelines for water supply and sewerage;
– 350.639,5 sq.m. civil and industrial constructions.